Confession of Faith
Bibliology – The Doctrine of the Word of God
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally-plenary inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writing, and that they alone are of supreme and final authority in matters of faith and practice, the true center of Christian union. 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:19-20
Theology Proper – The Doctrine of God
- We believe that God is a sovereign, living, intelligent, rational Being. All of the actions of God in the universe are aimed at the declaration of His glory alone. He has the will, power and authority to carry that plan to completion. Gen. 18:25; Eph. 2:10; Rom. 8:28-29.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three co-equal persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption. Gen. 1:1, 26; Deut. 6:4-5; Matt. 28:19; 29:19; John 1:1, 3; 4:24; Rom. 1:19, 20; I Cor. 8:6; Eph. 4:5, 6; I John 5:7.
Angelology – The Doctrine of Angels
- We believe in the personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age, and the author of all the powers of darkness. He is destined to the judgment of eternal justice in the Lake of Fire. Eph. 2:1-3; 2 Cor. 4:1-3; Matt. 4:1-3; 2 Cor. 4:4; Rev. 20:10.
Anthropology – The Doctrine of Man
- We believe that Adam is a man who existed in historical space and time and serves as the representative head for all mankind.
- We believe that Adam and thus all mankind was created in the image of God, and that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings since the fall are born with a sinful nature and are guilty of sin in thought, word, and deed. Gen.1:26-27; Rom. 5:12; Rom. 3:23.
Christology – The Doctrine of Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true man. Matt. 1:18-20; Luke 1:2-38; John 1:1-2,14,18; 14:7-11; 20:28; Gal. 4:4-5.
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood and His resurrection alone. I Cor. 15: 1-4; Heb.10:9-12; Rom. 3:23-26; 4:25.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as High Priest and Advocate. I Cor. 14:1-20; John 20:24-29; Heb 1:3; Acts 1:10-11; Heb. 4:14-16; 7:25; I Tim. 2:5.
Soteriology – The Doctrine of Salvation
- We believe that all those who receive by grace alone through faith alone the Lord Jesus Christ have been born from above by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit and have thereby become the children of God. Jn. 1:12; 3:5; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 3:26; Titus 3:5.
- We believe that all true conversion involves a change of mastery as believers cease serving themselves and come under the lordship of Jesus Christ. Rom. 6:17-18; 1 John 2:4
Pneumatology – The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. John 16:7-11; Tit. 3:5; Eph. 1:19-20
- We believe that God has fixed his presence on earth within his spiritual body and spiritual temple, which are the church. The Holy Spirit indwells each individual believer in Christ, as He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide and He indwells the church more powerfully as they gather together corporately. John 14:16, 17, 26; John 16:9-14; Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; Gal. 5:22-26; Eph. 2:20-22; 5:18-21.
Ecclesiology – The Doctrine of the Church
- We believe that God has placed in the heart of each of his children a love for the community of faith, which is the church, and that He has obligated them to mutual ministry within it. Heb. 10:24-25; 1 Pet. 1:18-22; 1 John 4:19-5:1
Eschatology – The Doctrine of End Times
- We believe in "That blessed hope" - the personal, visible, and bodily return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Tit. 2:13; Acts 1:10-11; I Thess. 4:13-19; I Cor. 15:51-58.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost. Jn. 5:21-30; Rev. 20:4-6, 11-15; 21:8; 2 Thess. 1:7-10; Jn. 14:1-6.
These beliefs are required for membership.
For more information about our church philosophy and beliefs, please see the church documents page.